There is no industry more driven by JIT delivery then the automotive industry. This industry has also an enormous number of SKU's due to the number of car parts which are available per brand and version. Digital printing and integrated MIS systems will not only optimize your supply chain, you will also be able to strengthen your dealer/customer relationship by personalizing your packaging.
What is the value of digital printing?
Every change of a new product makes it a challenge for brand owners to have a large stock of boxes as they can become easily obsolete. Hence they switch to print-on-demand which allows for last minutes changes when this would be needed, and avoids obsolete stock and wasted costs. Digital production and integrated MIS systems will not only optimize the supply chain, it also strengthen the dealer and customer relationship by personalizing the packaging and supporting efficiently the just-in-time delivery requirements.
Furthermore digital printing with Xeikon offers you:
- offset quality with the advantages of digital printing
- excellent deinkability to support and ensure optimized recycling process
Which is the preferred digital press for automotive packaging?
The Xeikon 3500 digital printing press. The flagship in digital dry toner printing, which produces at true 1200 dpi for formats up to B2 stunning speeds while offering with its digital front-end full flexibility:
- wide substrate range: coated and uncoated paper between 40 and 350 gsm (27 lb. text to 122 lb. cover)
- B2 format or bigger: 516 x 730 mm (20.3" x 28.7") or 516 x 1000 mm (20.3" x 39.4")
- high quality printing: 1200 dpi with wide color gamut and spot colors
- top web speed: up to 19.2 m/min (63 ft/min)
- handles production volumes: 1630 B2 sheets/hour
Which is the preferred digital production solution?
Below you can see an example of a full production set-up for automotive packaging: roll-to-sheet line including a Xeikon 3500 digital press, a Web Varnishing Module which adds a high-quality UV or water-based coating for protection and a Pile High Stacker to accommodate longer print runs. Offline you can also see the die-cutting process on a Xeikon Flatbed Die-cutting Unit. It is our complete digital printing solution, which comes with all the necessary components for seamless digital print packaging.