A pharmaceutical leaflet is a document provided along with a prescription or over-the-counter medication to provide additional information about that drug. It is printed on both sides with fine prints on mainly thin paper. In the pharmaceutical and healthcare sector, patient information leaflets are mandatory and subject to strict regulations. The same holds, to a lesser extent for all sorts of chemicals, electronic devices etc.
What is the value of digital printing?
Digital printing and manufacturing offers possibilities for versioning, language changes and full color print to turn an informational leaflet into a marketing tool. The possibility for shorter runs and faster turnaround times results in better economics to optimize your production.
Furthermore digital printing with Xeikon offers:
- perfect runability of thin paper stock at high speed, no coverage limitation, avoiding any wrinkling and finishing issues
- excellent deinkability to support and ensure optimized recycling process
Which is the preferred digital press for pharmaceutical leaflets?
The Xeikon 9800 digital printing press. The ultimate performer in digital document printing, which combines top quality printing, speed and versatility in media handling while offering a flexible workflow:
- wide substrate range: from (un)coated to paperboard between 40 and 350 gsm (27 lb. text to 122 lb. cover)
- top web speed: up to 21.5 m/min (70 ft/min)
- high quality printing: 1200 dpi with wide color gamut and spot colors
- variable data capabilities: perfectly suited for high-end marketing jobs
- variable printing width up to 512 mm (20.2"): unlimited length
Which is the preferred digital production solution?
Below you can see an example of a full production set-up for pharmaceutical leaflets: a Leaflet Production Suite including the Xeikon 9800 digital press with Xeikon One-Pass-Duplex™ technology, resulting in high speed output, a Web Finishing Module which applies an invisible protective layer to enhance scratch and scuff resistance, and a Pile High Stacker to accommodate longer print runs. It is our complete digital printing solution, which comes with all the necessary components for seamless digital graphic arts printing.