Power tools usage increase around the world as both professionals and DIYers look to get more done efficiently and conveniently.
The value of the global power tools market was worth US$ 27 Billion in 2018, and worldwide demand will rise with 4% CAGR annually through 2025. The incessant growth of the construction sector is proving an impetus to the global power tools market. At the same time, rapid industrialization and urbanisation in fast-developing countries such as China, India and Mexico is contributing to the growth of the global power tools market.
It’s estimated that up to 400,000 injuries or hospitalizations occur every year as a result of power tools, so besides Branding Labels, power tools are also decorated with Instructional labels, Warning Labels, Compliance labels (UL, CSA, etc).
Labels must stay affixed for the life of the power tool and remain legible to convey product information such as lot numbers, barcodes, safety warnings and warranties. If labels peel off, become illegible, scratch or colors fade due to environmental, essential information is lost. Traditionally, self-adhesive labels are produced with printing technologies like thermal transfer and silk screen.
What is the value of digital printing?
- The ability to print unlimited number versions (SKU’s) in one go ;
- Printing instruction labels in different languages in one print run ;
- Prevention of costly substrate waste, as there are no job changeover costs on the same substrate ;
- Digital printing allows to print the required variable information ;
- Digital printing with UL, and CSA recognition
The durability performance of the label is tested on labels printed on a Xeikon PX3000 press, with PantherCure UVinks and
Sutbstrate Avery Dennison PE100 TOP WH - S477 - BG40WH (BB697)
| ||Durability requirements ||Durability performance of label* |
|Scratch resistance ||+++ ||+++ |
|Heat resistance ||+ ||++ |
|Chemical resistance ||++ ||+++ |
|UV exposure ||++ ||++ |
|BS 5609 Section2& 3 certification ||No ||No |
|UL, CSA certification ||No ||Yes |
* + = medium durability, ++ = high durability, +++ = very high durability