Opening and unboxing gifts is an old habit that generally creates emotional and memorable moments for different reasons: the occasion or the gift itself. Customization is key everywhere in today’s marketing. Creating customized or personalized wrapping paper requires digital production techniques.
Here you can see a sample of wrapping paper printed on a Xeikon CX500 digital press.
- Print dimensions: 500 mm x endless
- Substrate: Verso Sterling Ultra C1S 60# Text, UPM Flexpack 70gsm
- Toner: QA-SR CMYK
- Finishing: Cut to size, both on sheets and on roll. Xeikon CX500 press for single sided printed wrapping paper, Xeikon jumbo rewinder
The Xeikon CX500 has been the digital press of choice for this single sided application producing highly saturated colorful images at high speeds.
What is the value of digital printing?
Digital production is making it easier and more affordable to produce one-off wrapping paper for marketing purposes or web2print sales of unique one-off products. The shorter run lengths, possibilities of store or regional specific campaigns and the demand for quick turnaround underlines the advantages of digital production.
Furthermore, digital printing with Xeikon offers:
- unlimited length of printing size
- duplex offset printing quality at high speeds with the advantages of digital printing
- excellent deinkability to support and ensure optimized recycling process
Which is the preferred digital press for personalized wrapping paper?
The Xeikon CX500 digital printing press. The flagship in digital dry toner printing, which produces at true 1200 dpi for formats up to B2+ stunning speeds while offering with its digital front-end full flexibility:
- wide substrate range: coated and uncoated paper between 40 and 350 gsm (27 lb. text to 122 lb. cover)
- B2 format or bigger: 520 x 730 mm (20.47" x 28.7") or 520 x 1000 mm (20.47" x 39,4")
- variable data capabilities: perfectly suited to personalize book covers and dust jackets with barcodes, personalization elements such as recipient names, limited edition numbers etc.
- high quality printing: 1200 dpi with wide color gamut and spot colors
- top web speed: up to 30 m/min (98 ft/min)
Which is the preferred digital production solution?
Below you can see an example of a full production set-up for personalized wrapping paper, which includes a Xeikon CX500 digital press, resulting in high speed output, It is our complete digital printing solution, which comes with all the necessary components for seamless digital graphic arts printing. Instead of a Variable Width Stacker the line can accommodate also a Rewinder to support offline finishing.