A periodical produced typically with a weekly, monthly, or quarterly frequency: certain magazines may be produced less frequently or as one-off projects. Format, finishing and paper stock reflects the purpose of the magazine, its content and the target audience.
Here you can see a sample of a magazine cover printed on a Xeikon 9800 digital press.
- Print dimensions: 857 x 289 mm
- Substrate: 250 gsm paper
- Toner: QA-I toner
- Finishing: Cut to size
The Xeikon 9800 has been the digital press of choice due to its extraordinary performance with its Xeikon One-Pass-Duplex™ technology delivering high quality 1200 dpi graphics at high speeds.
What is the value of digital printing?
Versioning of magazines based on the recipients’ interests improves targeting possibilities, while reducing paper and mailing costs. Digital printing offers a much easier and simplified approach to versioning and support the need for short to medium runs. Another aspect is to customize the magazine cover or sections. For example, publishers can print an ad with a unique promotion code for each of their subscribers.
Furthermore digital printing with Xeikon offers:
- duplex offset quality with advantages of digital printing like personalized content
- excellent deinkability to support and ensure optimized recycling process
Which is the preferred digital press for magazine covers?
The Xeikon 9800 digital printing press. The ultimate performer in digital document printing, which combines top quality printing, speed and versatility in media handling while offering a flexible workflow:
- wide substrate range: from (un)coated to paperboard between 40 and 350 gsm (27 lb. text to 122 lb. cover)
- top web speed: up to 21.5 m/min (70 ft/min)
- high quality printing: 1200 dpi with wide color gamut and spot colors
- variable data capabilities: perfectly suited to personalize magazine covers with barcodes, personalization elements such as recipient names, limited edition numbers etc.
- variable printing width up to 512 mm (20."): unlimited length
Which is the preferred digital production solution?
Below you can see an example of a full production set-up for magazine covers, which includes a Xeikon 9800 digital press with Xeikon One-Pass-Duplex™ technology, resulting in high speed output, a Web Finishing Module which applies an invisible protective layer to enhance scratch and scuff resistance, and a Variable Width Stacker to accommodate the stacking of various substrates. It is our complete digital printing solution, which comes with all the necessary components for seamless digital graphic arts printing.