A direct mail piece can vary from a simple postcard or letter inside an envelope to a more complicated individualized single-piece mailer printed in full color. Substrate, format, quality of printing, finishing can all vary depending on the defined needs. Especially the costs for postal delivery charges need to be considered which can affect in return among other things the size, format, substrate choice of the mailing.
When personalized in terms of recipient, content, call-to-action, to only name a few possibilities the response rate will be higher compared to an unaddressed mailing.
Here you can see personalized direct mail samples printed on a Xeikon 9800 digital press.
- Print dimensions: (1) A5 closed, 407 x 425 mm open / (2) A5 closed, 626 x 244 mm open
- Substrate: 160 gsm paper
- Toner: QA-I toner
- Finishing: Three-fold cut to size
The Xeikon 9800 has been the digital press of choice due to its extraordinary performance with its Xeikon One-Pass-Duplex™ technology delivering high quality 1200 dpi graphics at high speeds.
What is the value of digital printing?
Dedicated software gives digital technology the ability to easily personalize your print work and maximize the power of variable data in your marketing. In addition due to short run length, high printing-quality, quick turnaround digital production is making it easier and more affordable to produce personalized mailings.
Furthermore digital printing with Xeikon offers:
- duplex offset quality for high value direct mail pieces
- optimal imposition due to extended workflow possibilities for variable data printing
- excellent deinkability to support and ensure optimized recycling process
Which is the preferred digital press for personalized direct mails?
The Xeikon 9800 digital printing press. The ultimate performer in digital document printing, which combines top quality printing, speed and versatility in media handling while offering a flexible workflow:
- wide substrate range: from (un)coated to paperboard between 40 and 350 gsm (27 lb. text to 122 lb. cover)
- top web speed: up to 21.5 m/min (70 ft/min)
- high quality printing: 1200 dpi with wide color gamut and spot colors
- variable data capabilities: perfectly suited to personalize direct mails with elements such as recipient names, relevant content, QR codes etc.
- variable printing width up to 512 mm (20.2"): unlimited length
Which is the preferred digital production solution?
Below you can see an example of a full production set-up for personalized direct mails, which includes a Xeikon 9800 digital press with Xeikon One-Pass-Duplex™ technology, resulting in high speed output, a Web Finishing Module which applies an invisible protective layer to enhance scratch and scuff resistance, and a Variable Width Stacker to accommodate the stacking of various substrates. It is our complete digital printing solution, which comes with all the necessary components for seamless digital graphic arts printing. Instead of a Variable Width Stacker the line can accommodate also a Rewinder to support offline finishing.