Wobblers also referred as “shelf talkers” are a powerful shelf communication tool because of their attention grabbing effect. They come in a variety of shapes and sizes but in general wobblers consist of two parts: the wobbler arm and the promotion. With the wobbler arms, with a small promotion ‘wobbling’ on the other end, the wobbler can be attached to the shelf.
Custom printed wobblers can be die cut to the required shape and printed with a small promotional ad, a products branding or with an offer.
Here you can see a wobbler sample printed on a Xeikon 3500 digital press.
• Print dimensions: 192 x 300 mm
• Substrate: 300 gsm paper
• Toner: QA-I toner
• Finishing: Die cut or finished on a cutting table with double sided tape as finishing
The Xeikon 3500 has been the digital press of choice since wobblers are essentially a single sided application. Moreover due to the high speed on high grammages, the Xeikon 3500 is ideal for running high quality images on heavy stocks. Additionally it provides a perfect compatibility of QA-I toner with varnishing or lamination for durability and luxurious finishing.
What is the value of digital printing?
The increased need to promote and differentiate next to more customization can be fulfilled through digital production. Increasing quality in digital color print, short runs, possibilities of store or regional specific campaigns, shorter turnaround is making it easier and more affordable to produce this kind of promotional material for marketing purposes.
Furthermore digital printing with Xeikon offers:
- simplex offset quality with advantages of digital printing
- optimal imposition due to extended workflow possibilities
- excellent deinkability to support and ensure optimized recycling process
Which is the preferred digital press for wobblers?
The Xeikon 3500 digital printing press. The flagship in digital dry toner printing, which produces at true 1200 dpi for formats up to B2+ stunning speeds while offering with its digital front-end full flexibility:
- wide substrate range: coated and uncoated paper between 40 and 350 gsm (27 lb. text to 122 lb. cover)
- B2 format or bigger: 516 x 730 mm (20.3" x 28.7") or 516 x 1000 mm (20.3" x 39,4")
- high quality printing: 1200 dpi with wide color gamut and spot colors
- top web speed: up to 19.2 m/min (63 ft/min)
- handles production volumes: 1,630 B2 sheets/hour
Which is the preferred digital production solution?
Below you can see an example of a full production set-up for wobblers including a Xeikon 3500 digital press, a Web Varnishing Module which adds a high-quality UV or water-based coating for protection and a Pile High Stacker to accommodate longer print runs. It is our complete digital printing solution, which comes with all the necessary components for seamless digital graphic arts printing.