Banners are a class of display graphics used to inform and advertise, printed on one or both sides, mainly in full color. They can vary in terms of substrate, format, quality of printing, finishing depending on usage and location. For formats up to A3 size, toner-based cut-sheet machines are a quick and cost-effective production method, while wide format inkjet printers are used for very wide banner production. The B2 cut-sheet digital press offers a cost-efficient alternative for mid-size posters and the like.
Here you can see a sample of a banner printed on a Xeikon 9800 digital press.
- Print dimensions: 400 x 1800 mm
- Substrate: 300 gsm paper
- Toner: QA-I toner
- Finishing: Cut to size
The Xeikon 9800 has been the digital press of choice due to its extraordinary performance with its Xeikon One-Pass-Duplex™ technology delivering high quality 1200 dpi graphics at high speeds.
What is the value of digital printing?
Digital production is making it easier and more affordable to produce one-off posters and signage for marketing purposes. The shorter run lengths, possibilities of store or regional specific campaigns and the demand for quick turnaround underlines the advantages of digital production as well as the availability for larger format the B2 digital presses.
Furthermore digital printing with Xeikon offers:
- unlimited length of printing size
- duplex offset quality at high speeds with the advantages of digital printing
- excellent deinkability to support and ensure optimized recycling process
Which is the preferred digital press for banners?
The Xeikon 9800 digital printing press. The ultimate performer in digital document printing, which combines top quality printing, speed and versatility in media handling while offering a flexible workflow:
- wide substrate range: from (un)coated to paperboard between 40 and 350 gsm (27 lb. text to 122 lb. cover)
- top web speed: up to 21.5 m/min (70 ft/min)
- high quality printing: 1200 dpi with wide color gamut and spot colors
- variable data capabilities: perfectly suited for high-end marketing jobs
- variable printing width up to 512 mm (20.2"): unlimited length
Which is the preferred digital production solution?
Below you can see an example of a full production set-up for banners, the Long Format Production Suite: including a Xeikon 9800 digital press with Xeikon One-Pass-Duplex™ technology, resulting in high speed output, a Web Finishing Module which applies an invisible protective layer to enhance scratch and scuff resistance, and a Jogger Table to accommodate for the long sheets. It is our complete digital printing solution, which comes with all the necessary components for seamless digital graphic arts printing.