Posters are a class of display graphics used to inform and advertise, printed mainly on one side and in full color. They can vary in terms of substrate, format, quality of printing, finishing depends on usage and location. For formats up to A3 size, toner-based cut-sheet machines are a quick and cost-effective production method, while inkjet is the predominant reproduction technology for larger sizes. The B2 cut-sheet digital press offers a cost-efficient alternative for mid-size posters and the like.
Here you can see a sample of a poster printed on a Xeikon 3500 digital press.
- Print dimensions: 420 x 594 mm
- Substrate: 300 gsm paper
- Toner: QA-I toner
- Finishing: Cut to size
The Xeikon 3500 has been the digital press of choice since this poster was a single sided application and the digital press provides the opportunity of unlimited print length, as posters can differ from standards. Additionally it provides a perfect compatibility of QA-I toner with varnishing or lamination for durability and luxurious finishing.
What is the value of digital printing?
Digital production is making it easier and more affordable to produce one-off posters and signage for marketing purposes. The shorter run lengths, possibilities of store or regional specific campaigns and the demand for quick turnaround underlines the advantages of digital production as well as the availability for larger format like the B2 digital presses.
Furthermore digital printing with Xeikon offers:
- unlimited length of printing size
- simplex offset quality at high speeds with advantages of digital printing
- excellent deinkability to support and ensure optimized recycling process
Which is the preferred digital press for posters?
The Xeikon 3500 digital printing press. The flagship in digital dry toner printing, which produces at true 1200 dpi for formats up to B2+ stunning speeds while offering with its digital front-end full flexibility:
- wide substrate range: coated and uncoated paper between 40 and 350 gsm (27 lb. text to 122 lb. cover)
- B2 format or bigger: 516 x 730 mm (20.3" x 28.7") or 516 x 1000 mm (20.3" x 39,4")
- high quality printing: 1200 dpi with wide color gamut and spot colors
- top web speed: up to 19.2 m/min (63 ft/min)
- handles production volumes: 1,630 B2 sheets/hour
Which is the preferred digital production solution?
Below you can see an example of a full production set-up for posters including a Xeikon 3500 digital press and a Jogger Table to accommodate for the long sheets. It is our complete digital printing solution, which comes with all the necessary components for seamless digital graphic arts printing.