Wraparound labelling is a decoration technique whereby labels are applied 360° around a bottle, used mostly for water or soft drinks. Mainly unsupported BoPP film is used to ensure the labels withstand the condense that might arise when the bottle is taken out of the fridge. BoPP also guarantees a good recycling process (bottle is PET, label BoPP) and allows to use transparent, white and metalized materials - the smooth surface of the BoPP ensures an impeccable quality. Wraparound labels are applied during the bottling process in a specific applicator.
Here you can see a wraparound soft drink label sample printed on a Xeikon 3500 digital press.
- Print dimensions: 210 x 50 mm
- Substrate: please insert
- Toner: Food-safe QA-I toner
- Finishing: Xeikon miniUCoat, water based varnish with inline slitting and rewind
The Xeikon 3500 has been the press of choice since its 516 mm (20.3") web width allows for productive solution. The full rotary printing architecture enables any length of labels without productivity loss.
What is the value of digital printing?
Digital printing enables shorter runs, faster turnaround times, customization and better economics to optimize your production. More demanding customers, shorter runs, multiple variety, full color graphics - the list of questions that challenge how you used to do business goes on and on. No one wants to compromise quality and you want to keep your business profitable and future-proof.
Furthermore digital printing with Xeikon offers:
- undistinguishable quality from your flexo production and as such provide a complement to flexo
- provides cross-over with offset of at least 2,100 line meter (6,889 linear ft) or >70,000 labels
- no startup costs
- no job changeover costs on the same print media
- ability to print unlimited number versions in one go
Which is the preferred digital press for wraparound soft drink labels?
The Xeikon 3500 digital printing press. The flagship in digital dry toner printing, which produces at true 1200 dpi and stunning speeds while offering with its has variable repeat length and digital front-end full flexibility:
- dry toner technology: a stable chemical process ensuring consistency furthermore opaque white toner allows to print on the widest range of materials used in this market (clear, silver, white BoPP)
- variable repeat length: maximize productivity and lay-out labels independent on the dimensions of the job
- maximized production without job change over time
- high quality printing: 1200 dpi with wide color gamut and spot colors
Which is the preferred digital production solution?
Below you can see an example of a full production set-up for wraparound soft drink labels: roll-to-roll line including a water based priming unit, a Xeikon 3500 digital press and a miniUCoat which comprises of a varnishing station and rewinder. It is our complete digital printing solution, which comes with all the necessary components for seamless digital label printing.