Litholam process is a pre-printed offset sheet which is applied to a corrugated sheet. This sheet is then creased and die-cut into a single carton. The choice for corrugated carton is because it provides a more rigid container compared to carton. Besides the use as a secondary (inside are the flexible packaging, folding carton or others) or primary packaging, it is also used for the display market.
Here you can see a sample of wine boxes printed on a Xeikon 3500 digital press.
- Print dimensions: 400 x 490 mm
- Substrate: Standard non primed virgin fiber or recycled liners
- Toner: CMYK QA-I toner
The Xeikon 3500 has been the press of choice due to its food safe and migration compliant technology and the ability to print multiple versions without change over costs. Furthermore due its unlimited creative options for short run production and the option to laminate the printed sheets to boards for further converting.
What is the value of digital printing?
Also for small runs in corrugated carton there are viable digital production solutions. The combination of structured papers and anti
The growing trend of local vineyards and spirit houses and more diversity in the beverage market creates a need for shorter runs. Digital printing offers the ability to produce these shorter run-lengths at an affordable price, and without compromising on their existing brand colors or quality.
Furthermore digital printing with Xeikon offers you:
- offset quality with the advantages of digital printing
- excellent deinkability to support and ensure optimized recycling process
Which is the preferred digital press for wine boxes?
The Xeikon 3500 digital printing press. The flagship in digital dry toner printing, which produces at true 1200 dpi for formats up to B2 stunning speeds while offering with its digital front-end full flexibility:
- wide substrate range: coated and uncoated paper between 40 and 350 gsm (27 lb. text to 122 lb. cover)
- B2 format or bigger: 516 x 730 mm (20.3" x 28.7") or 516 x 1000 mm (20.3" x 39.4")
- high quality printing: 1200 dpi with wide color gamut and spot colors
- top web speed: up to 19.2 m/min (63 ft/min)
- handles production volumes: 1630 B2 sheets/hour
Which is the preferred digital production solution?
Below you can see an example of a full production set-up for wine, spirits or other beverage applications: roll-to-sheet line including a Xeikon 3500 digital press, a Web Varnishing Module which adds a high-quality UV or water-based coating for protection and a Pile High Stacker to accommodate longer print runs. Offline you can diecut the sheets. It is our complete digital printing solution, which comes with all the necessary components for seamless digital print packaging.