Our technology makes no use of mineral oils and is probably the most food safe solution in the digital environment. This creates lots of opportunities towards the food sector going from small run lengths to promotional items of seasonals. Together with our partners we will work out a number of options which will help you understand the possibilities for your production process.
Here you can see a sample of bakery packaging printed on a Xeikon 3500 digital press.
- Print dimensions: 825 x 510 mm
- Substrate: Standard non primed substrates
- Toner: Foodsafe CMYK QA-I toner
- Finishing: Inline UV or water based spot or flood varnish going to a cutter that delivers the sheets on a pile high stacker
The Xeikon 3500 has been the press of choice due to its food safe and migration compliant technology and the ability to print multiple versions without change over costs. Furthermore due to its undistinguishable quality from your offset production and as such provides a complement to offset.
What is the value of digital printing?
In the bakery industry, there is a growing need for cost-effective, short-run digital printing solutions. Brand owners want to launch more seasonality products, limited editions, brand recognition ... to attract to end consumer. The trend is that more and more local pastry, confectionary and foodservice shops want to differentiate with their high-quality products. Evidentially, the packaging needs to follow this trend, and be of course produced with the highest printing quality. Furthermore the Xeikon technology contains no mineral oils and is the most food-safe solution in the digital environment. This creates lot’s of opportunities towards the food sector, including the bakery segment.
Furthermore digital printing with Xeikon offers you:
- offset quality with the advantages of digital printing
- food safe and migration compliant technology
- excellent deinkability to support and ensure optimized recycling process
Which is the preferred digital press for bakery packaging?
The Xeikon 3500 digital printing press. The flagship in digital dry toner printing, which produces at true 1200 dpi for formats up to B2 stunning speeds while offering with its digital front-end full flexibility:
- dry toner technology: ensures full compliance to this challenging application from food perspective
- wide substrate range: coated and uncoated paper between 40 and 350 gsm (27 lb. text to 122 lb. cover)
- B2 format or bigger: 516 x 730 mm (20.3" x 28.7") or 516 x 1000 mm (20.3" x 39.4")
- high quality printing: 1200 dpi with wide color gamut and spot colors
- top web speed: up to 19.2 m/min (63 ft/min)
Which is the preferred digital production solution?
Below you can see an example of a full production set-up for bakery packaging: roll-to-sheet line including a Xeikon 3500 digital press, a Web Varnishing Module which adds a high-quality UV or water-based coating for protection and a Pile High Stacker to accommodate longer print runs. Offline you can also see the die-cutting process and die-cutting table. It is our complete digital printing solution, which comes with all the necessary components for seamless digital print packaging.