Here you can see a beer packaging sample printed on a Xeikon 3500 digital press.
- Print dimensions: 137 x 296 mm
- Substrate: Standard non primed virgin fibre kraft boards up to 550 microns
- Toner: CMYK QA-I toner
- Finishing: Inline UV or water based spot or flood varnish going to a cutter that delivers the sheets on a pile high stacker
The Xeikon 3500 has been the press of choice due to its undistinguishable quality from your offset production and as such provides a complement to offset. The extended color matching tools ensure brand consistency and pantone matchting.
What is the value of digital printing?
The growing trend of craft beers and more diversity in the beer market creates a need for shorter runs. Digital printing offers the ability to produce these shorter run-lengths at an affordable price, and without compromising on their existing brand colors or quality.
Furthermore digital printing with Xeikon offers you:
- offset quality with the advantages of digital printing
- food safe and migration compliant technology
- excellent deinkability to support and ensure optimized recycling process
Which is the preferred digital press for beer packaging?
The Xeikon 3500 digital printing press. The flagship in digital dry toner printing, which produces at true 1200 dpi for formats up to B2 stunning speeds while offering with its digital front-end full flexibility:
- wide substrate range: coated and uncoated paper between 40 and 350 gsm (27 lb. text to 122 lb. cover)
- B2 format or bigger: 516 x 730 mm (20.3" x 28.7") or 516 x 1000 mm (20.3" x 39.4")
- high quality printing: 1200 dpi with wide color gamut and spot colors
- top web speed: up to 19.2 m/min (63 ft/min)
- handles production volumes: 1630 B2 sheets/hour
Which is the preferred digital production solution?
Below you can see an example of a full production set-up for beer packaging: roll-to-sheet line including a Xeikon 3500 digital press, a Web Varnishing Module which adds a high-quality UV or water-based coating for protection and a Pile High Stacker to accommodate longer print runs. Offline you can also see the die-cutting process. It is our complete digital printing solution, which comes with all the necessary components for seamless digital print packaging.