What is the value of digital printing?
Every changing legislation makes it a challenge for brand owners to have a large stock of packages as these can become easily obsolete. Additionally there is trend for more diversified products for different types, specified diseases etc. Hence they switch to print-on-demand which allows for last minute changes when this would be needed, and avoids obsolete stock and wasted costs. The average production volume will go down and digital is perfect to minimize set up costs.
Furthermore digital printing with Xeikon offers:
- offset quality with the advantages of digital printing
- food safe and migration compliant technology
- excellent deinkability to support and ensure optimized recycling process
Which is the preferred digital press for pharmaceutical packaging?
The Xeikon 3500 digital printing press. The flagship in digital dry toner printing, which produces at true 1200 dpi for formats up to B2 stunning speeds while offering with its digital front-end full flexibility:
- wide substrate range: coated and uncoated paper between 40 and 350 gsm (27 lb. text to 122 lb. cover)
- B2 format or bigger: 516 x 730 mm (20.3" x 28.7") or 516 x 1000 mm (20.3" x 39.4")
- high quality printing: 1200 dpi with wide color gamut and spot colors
- top web speed: up to 19.2 m/min (63 ft/min)
- handles production volumes: 1,630 B2 sheets/hour
Which is the preferred digital production solution?
Below you can see an example of a full production set-up for pharmaceutical packaging: roll-to-sheet Folding Carton Suite including a Print Media Unwinder, Xeikon 3500 digital press, an Web Varnishing Module which adds a high-quality water-based coating for protection, inline cutter with waste separator and a Pile High Stacker to accommodate longer print runs. It is our complete digital printing solution, which comes with all the necessary components for seamless digital print packaging. Furtermore it provides multiple features for enhanced line clearance by serialization of printed sheets, barcoding and including start – stop sheets as well as quality control during printing by optional build in camera inspection.